What is the Parent Council?
Every parent, carer and guardian of a child who attends West Linton Primary School is automatically a member of the Parent Forum.
The Parent Council has been set up by the Parent Forum to represent all of the parents. Any member of the Parent Forum can become a member of the Parent Council and get more involved with their child’s education. We urge all parents that are able to join the Parent Council to do so as parents are so important and make a real difference to children’s learning.
The main aims of the Parent Council are:-
- To work together with everyone involved in school life –parents, learners, teachers, school staff and the wider community – to support the school
- To make sure that all parents have a say in their children’s education – and are able to express their views and wishes
- To build links and involve parents with the wider learning community – nurseries and pre-school groups, other schools and services
- To listen to what parents want the Parent Council to do and report back to the Parent Forum on your activities and how they can get involved
- To play a role in the appointment of Head and Deputy Head teachers
If you would like to join the Parent Council or get in touch, please email us
Members of Parent Council
Parent Council Constitution: