About the school
West Linton Primary School is a non-denominational school catering for pupils from nursery to primary seven. The catchment area includes the village of West Linton and several outlying villages and farms.
There are 9 classes plus the ELC, the school roll at present being 247. We also have 34 ELC pupils.
Our new school building was opened on the 21st October 2013 and has a variety of facilities to cater for the growing numbers of pupils.
The nursery has a separate entrance to allow for easy drop off and pick up and caters for up to 40 children, 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon, 5 days per week.
In the school grounds there is a tarred playground and a grassy area, with a Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) which is used in many ways.
At West Linton Primary School our vision is to create a safe, happy learning environment, fostering an ethos of care and respect which nurtures the individual and encourages everyone to achieve their potential as confident and motivated life-long learners.
Together we will develop:
- High Expectations
- Responsibility and accountability
- Positive Attitudes
- Openness to change
- To provide high quality learning and teaching which is active, connected and fun.
- To work collaboratively to support our learners and develop their creativity, motivation and ambition.
- To be inclusive, embracing technology and communicating effectively.
- To create a happy, challenging, innovative child-centred learning environment where members feel valued and respected
- To make the most of all resources in our community (skills, environment, people).
- To encourage active lifestyles and promote healthy choices.
- To equip our children with flexible and transferrable skills which prepare them for our fast changing world.