Friday afternoon activities
Wondering what to do on Friday afternoons for childcare and activities? Below are a number of options the Parent Council are aware of.
At a glance
|Name||Hours||Venue||Continuous from end of school day?||Link to After School Club?|
|Friday Fun Club||12:40 – 3:15pm||Yes||Yes|
|Westies||12:40 – pm tbc||Graham Institute||Yes||Yes|
|Village Nursery After School Club||3:25pm – 6:00pm||Village Nursery||No||N/A|
Friday Fun Club
Struggling to know what to do with your primary school children on a Friday afternoon due to the asymmetric week? Well look no further!
- Action packed afternoon both indoor and outdoor play.
- Wide variety of activities including but not limited to sports, arts & crafts, games, baking etc to name but a few.
- Hours 12.40pm– 3.15pm
- Cost £10.00 per child (multi child discount).
- Venue is either the New School or Old Church Hall (TBC)
- Fully qualified and disclosed staff.
- A relaxed & fun atmosphere after a busy school week.
- Working with the Village Nursery to ensure continuity of care for those children who shall attend the after school club.
Phone/Text 07973 501 665
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Westies/1510253132530871
Westies will offer a variety of exciting activities to children P1 to P7, each led by a professional instructor in their field. Activities will include cookery, music, art, craft, drama, woodland activities, yoga, first aid and many more. Based in the Graham Institute, Westies will link with both the primary school and village nursery for collection and safe escort of children to provide a seamless service to parents on Friday afternoon during term time. Fully covered by the Care Inspectorate, parents can be sure that their child will experience activities that will provide enjoyment, challenge and above all, fun! Our motto is We Explore Strive Thrive Investigate Enjoy Succeed.
- Westies staff will be collecting children from WL primary school and escort them to the Graham Institute at the end of the school day – no delays or hanging around.
- Westies will link with the Village Nursery for conventional after school club there, for children who would normally attend. VN staff will collect and escort children from Graham Institute to the Village Nursery where parents can pick them up as normal (5 pm or 6pm etc)
- Westies will fall under the auspices of the Care Inspectorate, as its parent organisation, West Linton Early Learners, is registered. Staff will therefore meet criteria set out by Care Inspectorate and Scottish Social Services Council in terms of national care standards and qualifications.
- Westies will accept childcare vouchers
- Children will be able to attend for a year, a term, a block or an afternoon – subject to being registered (to keep minimum essential information on allergies, medical info and emergency contacts etc).
- Westies will listen to parents who might want more than we are currently offering.
- Westies has charitable status through its parent organisation, and therefore will do its utmost to keep costs as low as possible.
- The cost for an afternoon will be £12.50 per child.
Please note: this club finishes at 3:30 for children transferring to the after school club and 3:45 for children being collected by parents, etc.
Village Nursery and Out of School Club
The Village Nursery and Out of School Club offers childcare to children aged 5-12 yrs, Monday to Friday, before and after school. Sessions include an Early Bird plus Breakfast Club 7.30 – 8.50am; Breakfast Club 8.00 – 8.50am; Short After School Club 3.25 – 5.00pm; and Long After School Club 3.25 – 6.00pm. Located next to the primary school, we collect and drop children off at school and whilst with us, children are able to take part in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities supported by qualified, experienced staff. On Friday afternoons we will offer childcare from 3.25pm, collecting children from providers working 12.40-3.25pm, enabling parents to have a seamless, full afternoon of childcare.